With Your help, The Culinary Trust is Funding grants, internships and training for food writers covering important topics in food.
Our donors are our KEY players in building a strong community
of new leaders, mentors, and change-makers addressing critical food issues.
Special Premium for anyone donating $250 or more—
a signed print of a beautiful French countryside painted Jacques Pepin created to celebrate his 80th birthday. This 16′ by 20″ watercolor is available exclusively through The Culinary Trust.
The impact of your giving is remarkable! And over the past 30 years, Culinary Trust supporters have helped provide:
• Start-up funds for the Gastronomica Journal of Food and Culture
• Research grants for award-winning food scholars
• Restoration of one of two known copies of Apicius, created in the 9th century and the oldest cookbook in the Western world
• Grants for organizations fighting hunger in innovative ways
• Program grants for chefs and schools to participate in the White House’s Let’s Move!/Chefs Move to School initiative
• Scholarships to Le Cordon Bleu, International Culinary Center, Institute of Culinary Education and Culinary Institute of America.
• Internships with City Harvest, Spoons Across America, and Wellness in the Schools
• Educational programming at conferences and via webinars focusing on topics such as youth culinary education, food labeling, and food policy councils.
• Grants for community-based organizations including Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger (NY), Common Threads (IL) and Martha’s Table (DC)
- Grant to LA Kitchens, a unique food bank that reclaims healthy local food that would otherwise go to waste and uses it to empower, nourish, and engage their community.
Your contribution allows us to continue to provide youth and professionals education, resources and opportunities to understand and act on critical issues in the world of food. Click here to give, and make 2017 our most impactful year yet!