Effective May 2019, The Culinary Trust has dissolved. The impact of your giving has been remarkable! And over the past 35 years, Culinary Trust supporters have helped provide:
- Writing programs for underserved communities: Feet in 2 Worlds Multimedia Journalism program with the New School and the Op-Ed Writing project with Pacific Food Studies
- Mentor/mentee writing internships at Edible Publications
- Start-up funds for the Gastronomica Journal of Food and Culture
- Research grants for award-winning food scholars
- Restoration of one of two known copies of Apicius, created in the 9th century and the oldest cookbook in the Western world
- Grants for 501 (c) (3) organizations fighting hunger in innovative ways in dozens of cities across the United States
- Program grants for chefs and schools to participate in the White House’s Let’s Move!/Chefs Move to School initiative
- Scholarships to Le Cordon Bleu, International Culinary Center, Institute of Culinary Education and Culinary Institute of America.
- Internships with City Harvest, Spoons Across America, and Wellness in the Schools and many more
- Educational programming at conferences and via webinars focusing on topics such as food waste, youth culinary education, food labeling, and food policy councils.
Your contributions have allowed us to continue to provide culinary professionals and youth with the education, resources and opportunities to understand and act on critical issues in the world of food. Thank you!